Monday, September 24, 2007

Boring in Real Life



As per my sister and cousin, I am much more interesting when I write in my blog than I am in real life-So, I will update you all here, in the interest of not boring my family members to DEATH.

Kyan had his 2 month pediatricians appointment today (sniff-They grow up so fast)....he is 13 lbs, 1 oz, and 24 1/2 inches long, which puts him in the 95th percentile for both height and weight....which pretty much means I will go into the poorhouse buying this kid food and clothes as he grows......He also got his vaccinations, which has made him a bit fussy today.

Kyan has started to smile and giggle and coo, which is fun-I make a total ass of myself many times a day trying to illicit the above mentioned smiles and giggles. Everyone told us his hair would fall out, since he was born with a full head of it.....And it has not.....There is a pouf of hair on the crown of his head that makes his hair very much resemble Christopher Walken's....pretty amusing. It's also getting blonder.

In all respects, Ky is a wonderful baby-very easy going most of the time. We took him to Jon's grandmother's wedding (2nd marriage) on Saturday, and he was awake but quiet for the whole service, and was happily passed around like a hot potato at the reception. He's travelled back and forth to PA twice already, been to the Big E State Fair here, to the park, to the mall, up and around Northampton......he's been pretty easy on me....

Jon's parents bought us a video camera so that we can capture every adorable and embarassing moment for posterity. We made a video of him getting a bath the other night, which I hope to post soon......

As for me, I am just enjoying every minute with the baby......I go "back" to work next week (still working from home, but on a reduced schedule so the baby can stay home with me). Not looking forward to that.....other than that.....lost all my pregnancy weight...but believe me, I am not bragging, because I still have 40 pre-pregnancy pounds to lose, specially since I am in a wedding next summer. I continue to be a milk machine for my kid, ever tethered to my breast pump.....Just say MOOOOOOO........Got Milk?

Other than that, not much to report.....Hope to post some more pics soon......

1 comment:

Josephine said...

OK. Disregard my e-mail asking about Ky's 2-month appointment! :)