Friday, January 23, 2009

A full time job

Well, my first week as a full time Mom is coming to a close....

And I must say, I LOVE it! Spending all this time with Kyan has been so awesome.....I love watching him play and watching the wheels turning in his head as he tries to figure things out....

Kyan is inot EVERYTHING...the kid has go-go gadget arms....I think I've put stuff up on surfaces out of his reach, and he still manages to get them......He can reach the countertops now, so I have t make sure anything I put down is at least 6" away from the edge, or he can grab it......Things he's been able to grab:
-A apackage of sliced mushrooms I was about to put in the fridge
-2 very long matches (used for fireplaces)
-My glass of wine (he had already tried to drink some before I turned around, but luckily only succeeded in spilling it on himself)
If he CAN'T reach something, he might take his long wooden spoon and try to bat the object off the edge to get it...he's getting clever....

He also is quite the daredevil......he likes to climb on chairs and stand up-sometime to try and get to a higher surface, sometimes he TRIES to tip himself over while standing)......he's opened his dresser drawers and tried to climb up them...

So it's safe to say he's keeping me busy.

When he goes down for naps, I now have time to clean....it will be my goal to clean SOMETHING ever time he naps....So far this week, I have:
-Cleaned out the office
-Cleaned and mopped the kitchen floor, then rearranged it
-Cleaned out the guest bedroom
-Cleaned the baby's room
-Cleaned our bedroom
-Gone thru my purse collection and donated a large portion of them to The Salvation Army
-Cleaned my bathrooms

And I made Pumpkin bread!

I am hoping that my mopping my kitchen floor and cleaing the bathrooms will now be something I achieve weekly (should I even admit publicly I was not doing this on a weekly basis already?)
Jon has been impressed-The house hasn't been this clean since we moved in :-)

However, my other goal, in order that I don't become some sort of empty Donna Reed caricature, will be to educate myself more on current events-To know more about what is going on in the world.

So, there is the update.....Sorry no pictures-I need to get better about remembering to take the camera out more!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Gosh...wish my house was that clean. I'm right there with you and will openly admit to not having mopped floors weekly. :)

Dyar Baby Momma said...

We need more updates!