Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Sweetest Sound in the World

Kyan has the worlds best laugh...and I feel blessed to have such a happy baby:


I made some roasted cauliflower yesterday, and took the leftovers and proceesed it down so Kyan could eat it.....and he liked it! He's getting to taste lots of different food lately-and I am trying to make at least 1/2 his food....He LOVES apples with cinnamon. I made him a whole bunch of carrots and chicken, and my fallback food is peas and carrots, which he loves. He's even tried Veggie Booty, which he seems to like.

Kyan eats roasted Cauliflower-And likes it!

I am thinking teething may be soon (but then, I thought that since he was 2 months old, so what do I know?), so I got him an Amber Teething necklace. I saw one on my friend Melody's site (come to think of it, Mel, the one I ordered Kyan looks awfully similar to Galen's!), and decided to look into it. Amber teething neclaces are not meant to be chewed on. They are meant to be worn next to the skin, and heat from your skin releases trace amounts of oils (which are believed to have analgesic and healing properties) from the amber, which your skin absorbs. I figure it is worth a try-Best case scenario, it does help him through teething, and worse case scenario, it doesn't but still looks super cute on him. In fact, I ordered one for Jon as well (not that he is teething), since he always is complaining that something or another aches, and this should theoretically work on adults as well. You can see the necklace I ordered for Kyan Here, and the one I ordered for Jon here. The website is www.forfinn.com, though there are many online vendors who sell them. The ones made for babies are meant to be long enough to fit comfortably around the neck, without being long enough to be chewed on.
Anyway, here is a pic of Kyan in his necklace:
Kyan's Amber Teething necklace

In other news, my friend Marcie is getting married in June. And guess who is performing the ceremony?? That's right, yours truly is now an ordained Minister of Universal Ministries! The Church of Becky also accepts donations....... :-) Anyway, I am excited to not only be a bridesmaid in the wedding (Jon is a groomsmen), but to have the honor of being the one who will pronounce Marcie and Chad as man and wife.

That is all the news for now!

3 comments:

Dyar Baby Momma said...

You are an ordained minister - how cool!!!

So proud of Kyan - his laugh is great. Amelia enjoyed watching her birth buddy.... she was squeeling at him - she may compete with Lily.

Jenni said...

Minister Becky...sounds nice! How cool to officiate your friend's wedding.

Amelia said...

Sean's an ordained minister too...though he just did it for fun! That's so nice that you are going to preform the ceremony! You'll have to form a flock now! HAHA!