Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I have never REALLY thought about what my guilty pleasures are......I hope they aren't ALL food and alcohol...

10. Alton Brown/Good Eats episodes on YouTube-When Jon and I are too lazy to do anything else (as in 95% of the time), we lay in bed and watch Good Eats episodes. Alton Brown's unique sense of humor always cracks us up...Jon loves the science part, and I like pretending there is a chance I might actually prepare the dishes on the show. My favorite character is the Dungeon Master. :-)

9. Glass of Reisling wine-Does this REALLY need explanation?

8. Sleeping Late-This rarely happens now that I am a parent. And by rarely, I mean once since Kyan was born-I slet till 8:30am on Mother's Day and it was BLISS.

7. Pedicures-While I can't really afford these anymore (the last one I had was when Kyan was 8 weeks old), there is nothing more rejuvenating that a hot, bubbly bath for your feet and some pretty polish. And someone ELSE having to do the work.

6. Dark Chocolate-Perhaps I should not feel that about this....Dark chocolate DOES have antioxidants. So really, it's health food.

5. Ice Cream-Got me through my pregnancy. Gets me through a crappy work week. It's the number one reason I will never be skinny.

4. People Magazine-I'd like to think if I ever saw a star on the street, I'd be all cool and not bother them-and I DO think I would be unobtrusive. But the lure of celebrity wedding pics or has the latest mugshot are too strong for me. I am powerless against headlines like "New Racy Pics of Wholesome Teen Star Hit the Internet!" and "Former Boy Bander comes out of the closet!"

3. Daydreaming about what I would do with lottery winnings, even if I don't buy a ticket-The ability to imagine myself that carefree (monetarily) for even just a couple of minutes is totaly worth the price of a lottery ticket.

2. Other peoples blogs-If work is slow, I am CONSTANTLY rechecking other people's blogs, waiting for new entries.

1. Fantasizing about quitting my job-Someday, oh, someday.....

4 comments:

Dyar Baby Momma said...

I so do #2 so often... I check and re-check throughout the day, surely someone has posted something new...

Have a great vacation! Kyan will feel better soon, it'll be great.

Rachel Ball said...

I forget how much I love People Magazine. Although now I have so many celebrity blogs... I just sit there and scroll through endless humiliating photos and crassness.

Miss Awesome said...

Whenever I watch good eats I have to go make whatever he's cooking RIGHT AWAY! Very inconvenient if it's 10:30 at night and I'd much rather be sleeping than cooking. But FoodTV just makes me so hungry!

Joanna Schmidt said...

You have a lot of foodie items there. I am with you on almost all counts!